Testosterone is an inherently male hormone. When a male child nears puberty, the hormone immediately starts developing secondary sexual characteristics like voice, body and facial hair, and muscle mass. The male human body produces a tiny amount of testosterone everyday and this is more than enough to maintain the male human body. However, as the body ages, the need for testosterone also decreases.
It is a given fact that males over the age of 35-40 will start experiencing a loss of testosterone that results in loss of muscle mass, height, sex drive, etc. In order to stave off these effects, it is completely natural to boost the body’s natural testosterone levels by taking Testosterone supplements. Apart from age, body builders and athletes too can benefit tremendously with the use of Testosterone supplements. In fact, Testosterone boosters have been known to improve muscle mass and muscle definition, improve workout performance, body recovery and the body’s ability to repair injuries during and post workout. It does become tempting to use Testosterone pills and Testosterone tablets if you are an athlete as it does improve your body. However, you may have a few doubts as well. Do these hormones cause side-effects and do they damage the body? What do they contain exactly? If you are planning on taking a testosterone supplement or using natural Testosterone boosters; here are a few frequently asked questions that should help you make an informed decision.
How do I know if I have low testosterone?
You can start by carrying out a blood test. If your blood testosterone levels are lower than 300 ng/dL, you will require additional testosterone. However, most men from the age of 30-50 will start experiencing low testosterone levels. Ideally, anything lower than 500 ng/dL requires medical supplementation with testosterone.
What are the benefits I can get with supplementation?
By adding testosterone to your diet, you will experience higher muscle mass formation, increased muscle definition, decreased stress levels, reduced body fat, enhanced sports performance and a much higher sex drive.
When will I start seeing results?
Depending on your diet and the type of supplement you are using, you can expect results within 3-20 days of taking the supplement. Athletic performance usually takes about one to two months to improve. However, it is extremely critical to balance your workout and diet when you take these test boosters.
What are the most popular ingredients of testosterone supplements?
There are two different categories in testosterone supplements. One category consists of pure testosterone that is given for medical conditions. This contains a pure form of testosterone and is used to treat patients with damaged testes, poor internal production of testosterone, etc. In short, it is designed to fill in the deficit of natural testosterone. Apart from medical-grade testosterone, most bodybuilding supplements contain popular compounds that boost the body’s testosterone content. These compounds may be plant or animal based. The most popular compounds and their actions are listed here:
1. D-Apartic Acid is a hormone that is present in the neuroendocrine system of humans. It plays an important role in the formation of LH or luteinizing hormone and testosterone. As a result, direct intake of the supplement can result in a boosted production of testosterone inside the human body. A study has also shown that up to 3gms of sodium d-aspartate is ideal for maintaining an ideal level of testosterone in the human body.
2. Tribulus Terestris is an extract of an herb found in Australia, Africa, and Europe. The active component of the herb is steroidal saponins that increase test levels in the human body. One of the most effective compounds in this herb is protodioscin as it influences muscle mass formation, fat loss, increased endurance and overall body strength.
3. ZMA stands for zinc, magnesium, and vitamin B6 in combination. This combination of minerals and vitamins helps to boost the body’s natural resistance and improves overall strength as well.
4. Eurycoma longifolia (Longjack) is usually prescribed in about 200mg to about 600mg per day. This Indonesian herb is very well-known for its testosterone boosting properties. According to studies, the herb has active compounds that free up protein-bound testosterone in blood. As a result, blood levels of natural testosterone increase resulting in improved overall body mass and performance.
5. Epimedium (Horny Goat Weed) is a herb commonly found in Asia. It forms a natural part of Chinese medicine and it is considered a very powerful male medication. The active ingredient in the herb is icariin and it seems to boost natural testosterone levels in rats. This has not been proved in humans but it does seem to have a beneficial effect when consumed in a supplement form.
6. EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids) in the form of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids are also a component of supplements. This ingredient improves fat metabolism, boost sex drive and libido, and increases the production of testosterone.
7. DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) is a pro hormone that is banned in several countries but it is extremely effective in increasing muscle mass and body strength.
8. Anti-Estrogens (Aromatase Inhibitors) are required to raise testosterone levels in the body and they act by blocking estrogen levels in the body.
9. Saw palmetto is a supplement gathered from the plant Serenoa repens. The fatty acids in the fruit of the tree accelerates the conversion of testosterone intodihydrotestosterone. This is a much more active form of the hormone and it results in better body mass formation and overall muscle definition.
10. Chrysin (5,7-Dihydroxyflavone) is a compound extracted from the passion flower family. The plant contains an aromataze enzyme that acts as anti-estrogen and it has been very commonly used in the bodybuilding community.
11. Boron supplementation in as low as 3mg doses have proved to be really effective in boosting overall health and muscle mass formation.
These are just a few of the common ingredients found in testosterone boosters. Other popular ingredients include herbs like paederia foetida, butea superba, pedalium murex, agramomum melegueta, hibiscus rosasinensi, fadogia agrestis, ecucommia ulmoides, rubus coreanus, pine pollen, etc.
Where should I buy Testosterone?
You can find Testosterone for sale online(Sustanon) at almost every medical pharmaceutical website or medical supplement store. Please note that the exact ingredients of these supplements will vary considerably. Some companies offer medical-grade testosterone which is indicated only for specific medical conditions. Other companies will offer natural Testosterone supplement which contain herbs and other additives that will convert to testosterone in the body or increase Testosterone in the body naturally. You can easily buy Testosterone online from these companies depending on your requirements.
Can you tell me the best Testosterone supplements available online?
There are so many different varieties of natural Testosterone and Test boosters online that choosing a single version is very confusing. Ideally, we suggest that you try out two to three different companies and then choose a single version to suit your requirements. Make sure you try each brand for at least a month and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to the letter to get the best results. If you experience any side-effects, inform your physician in charge and stop the supplement immediately.
As you can see, using testosterone is a personal decision. The supplement does work and it creates wonderful effects if used correctly. However, individual physiological differences will result in different body changes. As a result, we do recommend you consult with experts before starting any kind of hormone or supplementation.